Registration and virtual orientation
Opening keynote: Rolling out a L&D strategy companywide
In today’s climate, employees have specific expectations when it comes to personal development and it’s increasingly difficult to stay on top of training, especially as many are in remote settings. As we navigate this ‘new normal,’ it is important for L&D practitioners to adjust to this unique environment and continue to provide employees with skills needed to graduate into higher leadership roles to ensure business continues to thrive. This session will explore how to integrate L&D seamlessly into remote settings and emerge from the pandemic with stronger programmes that address your business needs.
- Insight into a L&D program rollout – Lessons learned to ensure a seamless transition from the traditional programme to a hybrid version
- Adjusting to current business needs: learning opportunities that can be delivered at work, on different devices, and in remote settings
- The Learning Management System (LMS) and other new ways to track learning at work
Chief Learning Officer, Merck
Panel: Helping leaders create a meaningful career
Due to the pandemic, many employees have re-evaluated their lives, goals, and future, and some, inevitably, are considering a career change. As an employer, it is crucial for you to create an environment where employees feel valued and supported, which in turn will lead to staff retention. One of the ways to do that is by ensuring a worker’s learning journey is aligned with their overall career goals. This session will explore how L&D leaders can create opportunities to ensure employees feel truly supported in their career journey, from designing a clear leadership pathway to setting up internal mentorship program.
- Actions that leaders can take to ensure employees feel engaged in their training journey and learning outcomes to create more meaningful work and progression
- What practical role can L&D play in supporting employees to have the skills required for a career change?
- What structural barriers in your organization might be inhibiting your employees to grow?
Partner, Strategic Advisory Group, UKG
Talent Development & Learning Coach, Staples Canada
Training and Development Specialist, Goodwill, The Amity Group
Associate Director, Learning and Talent, SickKids Foundation
Your ‘secret sauce’ to employee engagement and retention
Your learning & development offerings can be your ‘secret sauce’– the differentiator that entices talent to join your company, and even better, keeps your teams engaged and growing with you.
From the Great Resignation to the Great Reconnect, we can use L&D to establish a culture of learning that breaks down silos, builds relationships across functions, generations, and cultures, and also develops the skills and capabilities needed to grow a career of personal purpose and fulfilment.
- How can employees develop the practice of maximizing productivity?
- Developing an L&D strategy aligned with the business’ overall value
- Identifying the proper training and appropriate qualifications to support business goals
Director of Learning and Development – Head of Functional Academies (Global), The Kraft Heinz Company
Interactive networking break
Panel: L&D for virtual team development and engagement for managers
As the virtual & hybrid work world continues, L&D leaders need practical tools and resources to engage with leaders and teams across an organization—not from an ‘I’m checking in on you’ micro-management standpoint but an ‘I’m wondering how the team is doing and would love your input.’ L&D practitioners need to ensure that teams have a plan to manage and optimize learning experiences and engagement to meet the needs of a growing and global workforce. This session will identify tools that L&D leaders can use that will help assist wider management engage teams in a hybrid set up.
- Developing a web-based learning environment: videos, games, and experiential tech like augmented reality (AR) as tools to ensure teams receive realistic and effective training outside the office
- How can HR leaders track and ensure that employees are learning at their own pace?
- How learning initiatives such as a global eLearning platform, can be deployed across an enterprise to ensure companies achieve learning targets?
Human Resources Leader and Business Executive, FirstOnSite
Learning & Development Manager, D2L
Senior Instructional Design Manager, Sun Life
Sr. L&OD Specialist / Corporate Facilitator, City of Vaughan
VP, Learning & Development, BlueCat
Fireside chat: Engaging the next generation of talent
As we dive into 2022, now more than ever, engaging with the next generation of talent is a business imperative. The ongoing pandemic has changed overall expectations around work and careers, and many just entering the workforce are looking for meaningful work in sectors they care about. Every aspect of work culture plays a role in attracting this talent and that includes your L&D initiatives. This conversation will explore how to best support these groups through L&D programmes.
- Personalizing L&D programs for a multi-generational workforce
- How can employers use L&D to actively draw in the top tier of new talent?
- What type of L&D strategies can leaders implement to embrace and retain employees from Generation Z?
Head of Strategic Enterprise, Canada, CoachHub
Senior Solution Partner, Coachhub
Engaging with your teams to take ownership of learning
It’s no secret that employee engagement is a key concern for organizations. An engaged workforce supports growth through higher productivity and fosters a sense of meaning and independence to their work. It is imperative to expose employees to various modes of learning that are not limited to their job scope. This variety enables workers to find a style of learning that suits them and ensures they take a proactive and engaged attitude to their personal development in the workplace. Providing your teams with this level of independence ensures your business thrives. This session will look at how L&D can keep employees engaged and ownership of their work.
- What tools can you adopt to enable ownership of learning so that employees are motivated and engaged?
- Instilling the value of learning across an organisation and aligning your L&D strategy with your values
- How to turn staff learning into practical skills they can apply to their role to support business KPI’s?
Learning & Development, Guest Experience Manager, St Louis Blues
Interactive networking break
Panel: Key steps to creating an effective Learning and Development plan
Whatever the learning and development initiative, paying attention to the most suitable method of learning delivery, and evaluating the outcomes to ensure that your organisation receives value for money and meets business needs is top priority. Therefore, it is imperative for L&D professionals to design and maintain learning materials and resources to deliver agreed outcomes and meet accreditation requirement. This session will identify solutions to use in learning and development programs in the workplace to ensure it is hitting your business KPI’s
- How to select and design the right training program for business needs?
- Leveraging design thinking to help improve learning program efficacy
- Understanding what learners are looking for and how to manage your L&D program?
Learning Program Manager - Leadership Enablement, Vena Solutions
Manager, Learning & Communications, BMO Financial
Learning Experience Designer, Prepr
Technical Client Manager, LinkedIn Learning